Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Corn Muffins

Many of the meals I make beg to have cornbread served along as a side item. Steamed veggies, and Shepherd’s Pie are all dinners that taste better accompanied by cornbread. Luckily, this cookbook has several variety of cornbread. I made CORN MUFFINS to enjoy alongside macaroni and cheese and steamed veggies.

This easy muffin recipe comes together by mixing flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, egg, oil, and milk are whisked together. The wet ingredients are stirred into the dry, and then the batter is poured into a greased muffin tin. They bake for 18 minutes, and after cooling for a few minutes, they are ready to eat!

These are good muffins, not great. I prefer a thick slice of cornbread over muffins, so I will probably not make them again. That is just my personal preference, there is nothing at all wrong with this recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment