Monday, January 4, 2010

Semolina Pizza Dough


The night after ringing in 2010, Mr. Sexy Veggie and I were hitting the town with some friends. Before our night out, I decided to make us a couple of pizzas to enjoy. I used the SEMOLINA PIZZA DOUGH recipe from the cookbook for these pizzas.

This dough is made by proofing yeast in warm water until bubbly. At this point, water oil and salt are mixed in. Flour and semolina (a roughly milled flour made from the yellow endosperm of durum wheat) and added, and the mixture is stirred into a dough. The dough is covered and placed into a warm place to rise until doubled. Then the dough is rolled out, baked, and then topped with pizza toppings!

This dough was one of the easiest I have ever dealt with. It was elastic and smooth, not sticky at all. The crust taste was great, thin with a nutty flavor and good crunch. I will make this lots more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment