Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vegetable and Cashew Curry

Mr. Sexy Veggie and I have started taking Spin Classes on Sunday afternoons. This is great…it is a lot of fun, a great workout, and we get to spend the time together! However, I am usually pretty tired after the class, and making dinner seems like a huge deal. So I have picked recipes for Sunday evenings that can be made earlier in the day, and then just reheated when we are ready to eat. For the first week of spinning class, I made VEGETABLE AND CASHEW CURRY.

I love the ease and flavors of curry. This one was very simple. Chopped onion, ginger, and garlic were sautéed for 5 minutes, and once they were tender curry powder and cumin were mixed in. Diced tomatoes, water, and potatoes are added, and the mixture is simmered for 20 minutes. Zucchini and cashews are stirred in, and the mixture cooks for 10 more minutes. Lemon juice is mixed in right before you plate the dish. The curry is served over hot basmati rice, with a dollop of yogurt on top to add creaminess and contrast to the sauce.


This was very good, and simple. The flavor is not too intense, and the yogurt adds a slight twang to the dish. We enjoyed it so much that I did not have enough leftovers for my lunch at work the next day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment